[meteorite-list] Ornans

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:35 2004

mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com writes:

<< This meteorite is a real prize and quite rare as most of you may
 know. It is also VERY friable and impossible to cut. I lost about 15% just
 from breaking. Not sure how much Rob or Darryl lost. >>

Hi all,

I didn't cut very many slices of Ornans the first time around but I used a
0.004" paper thin blade that barely keeps it's circular shape until it's
turning at high speed....I reckon I lost about 10 - 15% to the saw in total.
It's extremely easy material to cut and goes through the diamond saw like a
hot knife through butter, but it's certainly friable.
I'll be cutting another 13g or so into slices during the next few days and
listing it on my site next week hopefully.

Cheers,
Rob.

http://fernlea.tripod.com/forsale.html
Fernlea Meteorites,