[meteorite-list] Who has the Virus???

From: Dave Andrews <dandre10_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:35 2004

Don Young wrote:

> I received E-Mails from the following people and ONLY these people.
> Casper, Andrews, Farmer, Weir, Sinclare, Schultz,FERNLEA4

I had sent Don a private email about how to expand the message header
from "hahaha_at_sexyfun.net" to see who really sent the virus to him. One
must view the PAGE SOURCE to see which mail server the message went
through first. Looks like this worm can change the identity of the
unknowing sender, but it still has to go through an originating ISP to
get out.

The time the sender has on his/her PC clock determines the time it
appears to be received. For example, a person whose clock is fast, will
appear to have been received lower or later in ones INBOX, while a
person whose clock is slow, will appear to have been received higher up
or earlier on the list.

I received this virus last week from someone in Lewistown, MT last week
and my scanning software picked it up no problem. (I just couldn't
resist scanning it to be sure :o)

It wasn't me ;-)

Dave