[meteorite-list] The passing of an original

From: RRosenwald_at_aol.com <RRosenwald_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:35 2004

Dear Fellow Amateur Astronomers,

I'm using several egroups, lists as well as direct emails to announce
the passing of one of the most active amateur astronomers in New Jersey.
I apologize if you receive more than one copy of this announcement.

I received notice yesterday, from his wife Nancy, that Roger W. Tuthill
passed away on Friday afternoon after being ill for several weeks.

Roger was a long-time member and supporter for many years of Amateur
Astronomer's, Inc., Stellafane, as well as the United Astronomy Clubs of
NJ, and many other astronomy organizations and endeavors. He is well
known for his eclipse chasing from the early 1970s where he had seen
first-hand about 18 total solar eclipses. He was also well known
world-wide for his innovative astronomical products. He was an
"Astronomical", as well as a good, friend to so many of us. He will be
missed.

A service will be held on Dec. 29 at 1 pm at Memorial Funeral Home, 155
South Avenue, Fanwood, NJ. (Phone is 908-322-4350. The cross streets
are Martine Ave and Terrill Road on the north side of the street.)
Donations may be made to First Church of Christ, Scientist, Westfield in
lieu of flowers.

If you know of anyone else who would want to know about this, please
forward this email on.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Barry Malpas