[meteorite-list] meteorite database disk?

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

Hello Michael, Steve, Gregory, and all,

I received the ad at the same address linked to my eBay user ID as well.
But I'm wondering, are there really hundreds upon hundreds of eBay users
bidding on meteorites? Maybe there are, I really wouldn't know, but I
see the same bidders all the time, and I don't have the impression there
are THAT many. Wouldn't there need to be a great many for someone to
create a mail-list of enough potential customers at $4 a whack to make
any kind of profit? Also, what would his cost be of the $4? If sent
priority mail, the postage portion of the $4 is $3.20. The advantage to
priority mail is that all
Postal Service priority envelopes or boxes are free to the customer.
First class mail would be cheaper, less than $1 given the weight, but I
should think a padded envelope would be needed. Just doesn't strike me
as much of a money-maker, which, of course, is not to say it is legal.

Best wishes,
-Charlie