[meteorite-list] English meteorite

From: nctools <nctools_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C069C0.7F847B80

19/12/2000

Hello,
I am new to meteorite collecting and very new to the Internet and the =
meteoritecentral discussions.I bought a modem for my computer last =
weekend and this is my sixth go at typing Electronic Email and I am =
keeping my fingers crossed that it works now!
My interest in reading about comets,general astronomy and meteorites =
started about 3 years ago and I still have much to learn but its =
fascinating.
Earlier in the year I read in a Sunday newspaper magazine article that a =
Hollywood actor had paid thousands and thousands of dollars for a piece =
of meteorite from mars to give to his children.There was another story =
about a Scottish millionaire drummer from one of our old 70s British =
rock bands who found a meteorite in Ireland last year.This sounds like a =
rich mans hobby and I was amazed because its hard to believe that =
meteors can be found and purchased by members of the public.Now that I =
am using the Internet I really would like to buy and own a meteorite =
from England (if I can afford it).I dont know where to begin or even if =
English meteorites are for sale on this American discussion group and =
would appreciate some assistance from the experienced collectors.

Thank you and regards,
Paul

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C069C0.7F847B80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>19/12/2000</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,<BR>I am new to meteorite =
collecting and very=20
new to the Internet and the meteoritecentral discussions.I bought a =
modem for my=20
computer last weekend and this is my sixth go at typing Electronic Email =
and I=20
am keeping my fingers crossed that it works now!<BR>My interest in =
reading about=20
comets,general astronomy and meteorites started about&nbsp;3 years ago =
and I=20
still have much to learn but its fascinating.<BR>Earlier in the year I =
read in a=20
Sunday newspaper magazine article that a Hollywood actor had paid =
thousands and=20
thousands of dollars for a piece of meteorite from mars to give to his=20
children.There was another story about a Scottish millionaire drummer =
from one=20
of our old 70s British rock bands who found a meteorite in Ireland last=20
year.This sounds like a rich mans hobby and I was amazed because its =
hard to=20
believe that meteors can be found and purchased by members of the =
public.Now=20
that I am&nbsp;using the Internet I really would like to buy and own a =
meteorite=20
from England (if I can afford it).I dont know where to begin or even if =
English=20
meteorites are for sale on this American discussion group and would =
appreciate=20
some assistance from the experienced collectors.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you and=20
regards,<BR>Paul</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C069C0.7F847B80--