[meteorite-list] meteorite database disk?

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

>I've just gotten an email from "thebigcollector" who very contritely
>apologized for using "Space Rocks" as the basis for his database >offer,
>and said he was cancelling any further distribution. IF he >follows
>through on that commitment, I guess all's well, but listees might continue
>to be vigilant.
>Gregory

Excellent work. As the meteorite hobby is still relitavely small compared to
most other hobbies and so is still in its infancy with no formal
organizations, marketing agencies, or consumer watchdogs and the hobby in
general is nowhere near the potential that the hobby might become in the
future, it is nice to know that there are still individuals out there who
are using up their own valuable time and effort to ensure that the hobby and
collectors in general are getting off on a solid foundation which can only
help the future growth of the hobby to the benefit of everybody -
collectors, dealers and researchers alike.
Cheers
DEAN