[meteorite-list] Meteorite Is Likely Cause For Sonic Boom Over Australia

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:38 2004

What is with these scientists, they always say crap like "size of a small coffee
cup" or in the case of the El Paso megafireball they said " size of a
basketball". Give me a break, if it puts on a light and sound show that shakes
houses and registers shock waves, it MUST be quite a large object of many kilos.
Look at the Kitchener fall, it WAS the size of a small coffee cup and it fell
without a peep, it just plopped down on the golf course and luckily for it a man
saw it fall on the green, too bad it fell in Canada, where state laws dictate
that it be snatched away, never to be seen again.
I just get a kick out of the "Experts" tjhat are always interviewed, 99% of
which have never seen a meteorite, much less know a damn thing about them.
Mike Farmer