[meteorite-list] Whut I Du Tu

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:39 2004

I come in from the other end of the spectrum -- as has been previously
revealed, I work at the Kihei Public Library in Maui, Hawaii. This allows
me free rein to "feed the Elephant's Child" and read anything that strikes
my fancy. In the course of handling books for patrons, there is a great
deal of serendipity; I've been sent off on many a quest by finding a
chance book for someone. I feel pretty lucky in my avocation.

I did not start off in the library business. It was a long, strange
drift, starting with mechanical engineering in college, then into
industrial design when I encountered irreconcilable differences with
differential equations. Industrial design palled when I found that my
professors didn't like my designs, and I wound up with a degree in fine
art (my senior show was called "radical change", appropriately enough.)
Since then, I've worked in a print shop, a medical supply house, as a
jewelrysmith (briefly), the perpetual fast food jobs, and a handful of
other things before settling in Maui. All my various career changes have
taught me a great respect for almost any job, provided it is done
competently and with a certain amount of relish.

I still get to go out at night, not always to the beach, and look up at
the stars, and marvel...

Tracy Latimer