[meteorite-list] Loss of server cannot unsubscribe!

From: Sam Kimpton <bessel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:06 2004

This is to inform the powers that be that the e-mail server through
which I receive this list is not reliable. The address to which
postings on this list are sent is bessel_at_teleport.com.

Unfortunately Teleport has been the subject of a hostile takeover by
Onemain.com. Since the transition to that provider I have been
experiencing problems recieving messages and sending messages. Their
are numerous instances in which they have dissapeared. These
occurances are during the infrequent occasions during which which I can
log onto the server at all. Technical Support at OneMain.com, which now
owns teleport, has informed me that there is nothing which can be done.
Customer service there also explained the takeover as perfectly
legitimate. Admitted that they were in the process of "swallowing up"
smaller ISP's and agreed that one interpretation of this was "monopoly".
I was informed that people who were used to quality service from these
small ISP's were not happy about the degredation in the quality of said
service from the larger firms such as Onemain and its parent Earthlink.
According to this customer service representative there are no options
at the disposal of the customer.

I am amazed!

I have a new provider now and, in the transition from account to
account, would like to unsubscribe from the list. Unfortunately I do
not have my password. I have requested it from the meteorite list
website although I have no assurance that I will ever recieve it as
the teleport service, for which OneMain is billing me, is useless.

I have a dillema. Can the list administrator help me by unsubscribing
me?

Thanks

Sam Kimpton
(formerly bessel_at_teleport.com)