[meteorite-list] Tucson show

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:06 2004

Hi list:
I am sitting in the hotel room across from the ASU campus in Tempe, totally
exhausted from the show. AND WHAT A SHOW IT WAS! My bud, Gary Curtiss and I
drove down from Denver last Thursday. Lots of neat material is available,
bought 2 beautiful endpieces of the rare L6 Noyan Bogdo (188g and 116g), a
killer brecciated slice of Cumberland Falls, a 78g slice of Jumapolo, 178g
of Kenouvre (yum!!), oriented Millbllillies with flow lines, a couple of
kilos of the best looking S al U individuals (they look like Holbrooks
folks), a 810g regmaglypted Markovka, and bunches of other things.
Met up with all the "usuals", Farmer, Strope, Cottingham, Pitt, Reed,
Gwilliam, Arnold, Notkin, Paul and Jim from Met. Exch., Schoner, the
Jensens, Carion, Anne Black, Fred Hall, and many others (sorry if I forgot
to mention you, its late).
Notable material here...
obviously the new NWA moonrock was a showstopper! Looks nothing like any
lunar meteorite around. Beautiful breccia with black melt veins, and the
crust!! Glossy black crust.
Schoners' Glorieta Mtn pallastite is unbelieveable, the etch is drop-dead
gorgeous. It was selling fast.
There was lots of Saharan material, but the choice stuff was tough to find,
but if you looked, you were rewarded with the sweet individuals of Sayh al
Uhaymir 001. I bought many of these, and they were worth it. Howardites for
100/g, fresh CKs for 80/g, Lunar for 4k/g (didn't see any for 2k/g Michael).
Sikhote-Alin was still hanging around, Zag was tough to find in good form, a
few pieces of the fall Djoumine, but at elevated prices.

Many bargains could be had at Michael Blood's and Darryl Pitt's auctions.
Everyone had a great time.

We had a super time talking with everyone, and as usual, Tucson is a
meteorite junkie's paradise. I am off to bed, then to Holbrook. What a great
way to end this show.

See y'all!
Matt Morgan
Mile High Meteorites