[meteorite-list] Meteorites?

From: Debbie Baldwin/Fred Olsen <debfred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:06 2004

Charles and list:

Magnetite(Fe3O4) and Pyrrhotite(Fe-S) are the two most common and most
strongly magnetic. There are also geologic oddities like native iron from
Disko Island near Greenland and a natural alloy of nickel and iron called
Awaruite or Josephinite found in New Zealand and Oregon which are also
strongly magnetic. Last year I "caught" a few nuggets of Josephinite in
Josephine creek using a casting rod and a rare earth magnet lure.

Regards Fred OLsen