[meteorite-list] [Fwd: (no subject)]

From: David Weir <dweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:07 2004

--------------B83ACE372DFE5DF09CE31B38

From: Rln431_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:36:11 EST
Subject: (no subject)
To: dweir_at_cegi.net

--part1_16.887b098.27b2fdab_boundary

My name is raymond nichols,i own and operate a small auto shop in charlotte
nc.i not sure anyone will be interested in this story or not but it has
played on my mind since it happened and i thougt i would share it with anyone
who might enjoy it.a few years ago i was piloting a small plane,it was i
think june or july and i was just on the out skirts of raleigh nc,flying at
4500 feet heading west towards charlotte.i saw what i thought was probably a
passenger jet with bright lights way ahed of me and coming towards me but it
was so far off i didnt give it much thought,but within seconds it was in full
view. it was a meteorite.it was coming at an enormous speed and still coming
right at me.in fact it came so close that i could see it plainly,i could see
the sparks forming on it and see the smoke originating off the surface of
it.believe it or not when it passed my plane i could hear it over the sound
of my own planes engine,so it had to be very loud,i watched for what seemed a
few seconds was very amazing sight. it had to of only been a few feet from my
window when it passed because i could make out the finest details of
it,shortly after passing the window it almost instantly quit smoking and quit
throwing sparks,and became what looked like a solid perfectly round
ball,looked to be about the size of a bowling ball.if anyone is interested i
can go into further detail about it.

raymond nichols
RLN431_at_AOL.COM

--part1_16.887b098.27b2fdab_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR>My name is raymond nichols,i own and operate a small auto shop in charlotte
<BR>nc.i not sure anyone will be interested in this story or not but it has
<BR>played on my mind since it happened and i thougt i would share it with anyone
<BR>who might enjoy it.a few years ago i was piloting a small plane,it was i
<BR>think june or july and i was just on the out skirts of raleigh nc,flying at
<BR>4500 feet heading west towards charlotte.i saw what i thought was probably a
<BR>passenger jet with bright lights way ahed of me and coming towards me but it
<BR>was so far off i didnt give it much thought,but within seconds it was in full
<BR>view. it was a meteorite.it was coming at an enormous speed and still coming
<BR>right at me.in fact it came so close that i could see it plainly,i could see
<BR>the sparks forming on it and see the smoke originating off the surface of
<BR>it.believe it or not when it passed my plane i could hear it over the sound
<BR>of my own planes engine,so it had to be very loud,i watched for what seemed a
<BR>few seconds was very amazing sight. it had to of only been a few feet from my
<BR>window when it passed because i could make out the finest details of
<BR>it,shortly after passing the window it almost instantly quit smoking and quit
<BR>throwing sparks,and became what looked like a solid perfectly round
<BR>ball,looked to be about the size of a bowling ball.if anyone is interested i
<BR>can go into further detail about it.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>raymond nichols
<BR>RLN431_at_AOL.COM</FONT></HTML>