[meteorite-list] [meteorite-list]EVA Problems (Understanding inertia)

From: Sam Kimpton <bessel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:07 2004

--------------C1D89ACD569E51A80625DBA4

No question, Stuart is correct.

Gene Cernan was not the only Gemini Astronaut to experience these problems
I know from personal conversation with Dick Gordon, who EVA'ed during the
Gemini 11 mission that he was so exhausted that he was barely capable of getting

back in the spacecraft. Moreover the problems that Stuart sites were
experienced
by other spacewalkers during the program.

With all due respect to Ed White, the first truly succesful EVA did not come
along
until Gemini 12. Buz Aldrin, who happens to be a real astrodynaicist, employed
his
understanding of inertia along with items like bungee cords, footholds, and
railings,
to pull off a number of tasks during this mission.

I believe he was also involved in implimenting swimming pools for EVA training.

SAM KIMPTON

--------------C1D89ACD569E51A80625DBA4

<HTML>
No question,&nbsp; Stuart is correct.
<P>Gene Cernan was not the only Gemini Astronaut to experience these problems
<BR>I know from personal conversation with Dick Gordon, who EVA'ed during
the
<BR>Gemini 11 mission that he was so exhausted that he was barely capable
of getting
<BR>back in the spacecraft.&nbsp; Moreover the problems that Stuart sites
were experienced
<BR>by other spacewalkers during the program.
<P>With all due respect to Ed White, the first truly succesful EVA did
not come along
<BR>until Gemini 12.&nbsp; Buz Aldrin, who happens to be a real astrodynaicist,
employed his
<BR>understanding of inertia along with items like bungee cords, footholds,
and railings,
<BR>to pull off a number of tasks during this mission.
<P>I believe he was also involved in implimenting swimming pools for EVA
training.
<P>SAM KIMPTON
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><A HREF="http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list"></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
</HTML>