[meteorite-list] UA Science Team Readies For NEAR Landing

From: Sam Kimpton <bessel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:08 2004

In the event that the probe does anything upon contact with the asteroid
other
than
land in a stable configuration with the ability to relay data from the
surface
there would be no way of knowing what exactly happened.

All that might be aquired would be an omnidirectional beacon.

BTW I am currently on the NIAT webcast and all I can get is a
prerecorded
drivel session by Dan Goldin.

Hope that this is replaced with the promised report on from the NEAR
MOC at
11:30 EST

Sam Kimpton