[meteorite-list] "Flaming rocks"???

From: Roman <Roman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:08 2004

Brad & Listers

Before meteorites get pulled to earth, they have been travelling
around the sun for millions or even billions of years. At near absolute
zero they are very cold. The short passage through out atmosphere
only heats the exterior. So when they land the cold within takes over.
They have been found right after the fall, with frost on them. I guess
it's like deep fried ice cream.

Tucson was a blast, my wife Lori is coming with me next year.
I better start saving now, eh?

Roman Jirasek
www.meteoritelabels.com