[meteorite-list] More petrographic questions.

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:08 2004

--part1_c7.6f0c9cc.27b7215f_boundary

wendirob_at_laplaza.org writes:

> Question: When, specifically, is this grade used, and what makes it a
> Chondrite of petrologic grade 7 instead of an achondrite?

Hello List,

Can I reverse this question? I just acquired some of the new Tissemoumine
Acapulcoite to resale. However, it is obvious that there are chondrules in
this so-called "achondrite."

Does anyone know if these "achondrites" should now be assigned a number too?

I also noticed that the Happy Canyon was listed before as an EL6 but is now
listed in the new Catalogue as just and EL. Blaine mentioned that it ought
to be an EL7 since there are no chondurles in it. Is there too much
resistance in the scientific community against the concepts of 7s to let it
be reassigned to EL7?

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com

--part1_c7.6f0c9cc.27b7215f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated 2/9/01 7:20:46 PM Central Standard Time,