[meteorite-list] other book on meteorites

From: Sam Kimpton <bessel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

--------------A7CB1CDE3D401278582F0DB8

Robert T. Dodd "Thunderstones and Shooting Stars"

Heide, F. & Wlotzka, F. "Meteorites; messengers From Space

Paul Hodge published a book on Meteorites in 1997 that
might be good. I would access his website at the UW
Astronomy Dept for details. I don't have it yet and don't
have the publishing info.

Also anything by Nininger is entertaining and informative.
These are all out of print but can be found with a little
patience and money. I had my introduction to meteoritics
through Nininger's works and have a sentimental attachment
to them. Good bedtime reading If you plan on staying up all
night.

Sam Kimpton

edward moore wrote:

> .I am looking to buy another book on meteorites. I have
> Nortons and Haag's field guide, what else should one
> buy.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Edt

--------------A7CB1CDE3D401278582F0DB8

<HTML>
Robert T. Dodd "Thunderstones and Shooting Stars"
<P>Heide, F. &amp; Wlotzka, F. "Meteorites; messengers From Space
<P>Paul Hodge published a book on Meteorites in 1997 that
<BR>might be good.&nbsp; I would access his website at the UW
<BR>Astronomy Dept for details. I don't have it yet and don't
<BR>have the publishing info.
<P>Also anything by Nininger is entertaining and informative.
<BR>These are all out of print but can be found with a little
<BR>patience and money.&nbsp; I had my introduction to meteoritics
<BR>through Nininger's works and have a sentimental attachment
<BR>to them.&nbsp; Good bedtime reading If you plan on staying up all
<BR>night.
<P>Sam Kimpton
<P>edward moore wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>.I am looking to buy another book on meteorites.
I have
<BR>Nortons and Haag's field guide, what else should one
<BR>buy.
<BR>Thanks for your help.
</HTML>