[meteorite-list] Tucson 2001 Web Pages Are Up + Show Report

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

Hello all

Thanks to all for the photos of the Tuscon Show, a
good memory for me.
Regards

matteo

--- geoking_at_notkin.net ha scritto: > Greetings Dear
Listees:

> Whew! It took me a few days to recover from the
> Tucson 2001 show : )
> Between the birthday party, the other parties, the
> auctions, the
> barbecues, taking 200+ photos, a day trip out into
> the Catalina
> Mountains, a day trip up to Phoenix to visit A.S.U.,
> and catching up
> with friends from all over the world, I hardly had
> time to buy
> anything. And I stayed for ten days this year.
>
> I've uploaded the "best of" pics to my web site, and
> written some
> captions, so please take a look:
>
> http://www.notkin.net/tucson.htm
>
> Thanks to the multitude of Meteorite List members
> who joined us for
> the annual Notkin/Arnold birthday party at El Charro
> on Feb. 1 (see
> link, above, for pics). We love El Charro, and it
> has to be one of
> the best Mexican restaurants on the face of the
> earth, but we've
> grown too big for them, and next year we're going to
> have to move the
> party to larger quarters. Steve Arnold and I booked
> two function
> rooms for this year's party, and we immediately
> spilled over into two
> more, and were still cramped. It was a great night,
> and Steve and I
> very much enjoyed the opportunity to see old pals
> and meet new ones.
> We'll just make sure that we have a little more
> breathing space next
> year.
>
> The weather was mostly fine, and the social calendar
> extremely full.
> I kept meaning to take a day off to sit by the hotel
> pool and read
> but I didn't ever get around to that. Great
> hospitality was provided
> by many professionals, but especially the Reed
> brothers; Iris & Allan
> Lang and Zarko Ljuboja; Jim Kriegh; Twink & Larry
> Monrad; Darryl Pitt
> & Steve Schoner; the Jensen brothers; Michael
> Cottingham; Mike "the
> wine" Martinez; Anne Black; Bruno Fectay & Carinne
> Bidaut; the very
> festive and very large Russian contingent,
> particularly Ivan Koutyrev
> & Vladimir Stepakov (with whom many a cocktail was
> consumed), and
> Sergei & Vitaly. Some sort of dinner/gathering/party
> took place every
> night, and I must have absorbed a year's worth of
> meteorite-related
> discussion in a little over a week . . . not to
> mention the vodka.
>
> A highlight for me was meeting the legendary
> meteorite hunter Steve
> Schoner, especially since I'd just written an
> article about him for
> the Feb. 2001 "Meteorite." I recognized him
> instantly, walked up and
> introduced myself as "your biographer" : )
> Dressed in a suit,
> [...]

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/Meteorites/McomeMeteoriteMeteorites.html
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769