[meteorite-list] DIXON SPRINGS BOY CLAIMS CLOSEENCOUNTER WITH METEORITE

From: Kelly Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:10 2004

Hi, Al and All,

    Dixon Springs is about 90 miles from Evansville, deep in the nether reaches of "Little
Egypt," as we in Illinois call the state's most isolated province. The nearest town of any
size (well, not much size) is Metropolis, and we all know who lives in Metropolis, don't
we? Maybe he just tossed it in the direction of Dixon Springs!
    Apparently Southern Illinois University has ONE meteorite? The boy said, "The guy we
talked to said it didn't look like the one they had, but he could not say for sure."
Actually, their Geology Department is better than that. Perhaps a call to SIU's Geology
Department would turn up something. Want me to try?

Kelly Webb