[meteorite-list] Re: Santa Rosa iron meteorite - Anyone heard of it?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:10 2004

--__--__--

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:26:37 +0100

Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Santa Rosa iron

Dan Fronefield wrote:

> Can anyone give me any information on the Santa Rosa
> iron meteorite?
> Is this another name for a known meteorite?
> Regards, Dan

Hello Dan, Mike and list,

from New catalogue:
----------
Santa Rosa
Tunja, Bojaca, Colombia
Find 1810
Iron (IC) Ataxite, Ni-poor
Synonym(s): Bogota-Colombia-Neu Granada-New
Granada-Rasgata-Zipaquira
Appr.recov.weight: 820 kg
----------

you can find this article about Santa Rosa:
----------
Tom Palmer
"Henry Augustus Ward and His Meteorites"
Meteorite! (May 2000, vol.6, n=B02, p.39)
----------

Santa Rosa is also a synonymus [sic] of Coahuila,
Mexico, find 1837 - Iron(IIAB) Hexahedrite.

Regards, Mauro Ianeselli
--__--__--

Hello Dan, Mauro, and List

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding or
mis-translation, the Santa Rosa meteorite is not
synonymous with the Coahuila meteorite. The w o r d
"Santa Rosa" has been used (wrongly, most likely) for
the Coahuila meteorite, so the Catalogue has to show
it as a "Synonym" (Santa Rosa v. Coahuila).

Darn English language; just two letters can change the
 whole meaning of a seance.
;-)
Bob V.