[meteorite-list] RADIOACTIVE METEORITES IN THE BRITISH MUSEUM

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:11 2004

Dear List;
For instance, I live in an area with radon gasses....and I have dinosaur bone and
petrified wood in the basement that has much more daughters of radon nuclides
than some of the uranium sandstone specimens that I have....YIKES!! None of this
sets off the radon collector/monitor/tester. The dinosaur bone and petrified
wood from Southern Utah has more radioactivity than a whole museum full of
meteorites. I would think that a trip to the dentist is by far more hazardous
than a museum full of meteorites.
Green eyes that glow in the dark...aka "yellowcake",
Dave Freeman