[meteorite-list] eBay Item #560526649 is ???

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:11 2004

--------------09AF8A918CE9CF59195392AF

Hi Kelly and all,

This guy puts up a number of items for sale that are meteorites. I can't speak of his
reputation as I haven't done business with him. The material looks lunar to me, though
I am quite nervous about it being spread out on school book note paper and loose. I
think your right he has misspelled Dhofar and 25 is lunar material. Best!

--AL

Kelly Webb wrote:

> Hi, List,
>
> Since the List seems home to sufficiently outspoken individuals,
> would anyone care to comment on the probable authenticity of this item
> or its vendor? Seems curiously underbid if it is what it says it is,
> assuming Dhufar 025 means Dhofar 025 and not Dhufus 025.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=560526649
>
> Kelly Webb

--------------09AF8A918CE9CF59195392AF

Hi Kelly and all,
speak of his reputation as I haven't done business with him. The material
looks lunar to me, though I am quite nervous about it being spread out
on school book note paper and loose. I think your right he has misspelled
Dhofar and 25 is lunar material. Best!
individuals,