[meteorite-list] Questions - meteoritics

From: Robert Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:12 2004

Any help would be appreciated greatly.
I'm slowly working my way through Reviews in Mineralogy V. 36 Planetary
Materials.

Questions:
p1-5. Is a cotectic melting reaction the melting of materials in correlation
to pressures? (ie: what is cotectic?... it's not in my dictionary)

same page: I assume oxygen fugacity has to do with oxygen dissapearing or
leaving for some reason from the parent bodies, but I really don't
understand what process they are referring to. Could someone explain? The
properties are given in terms of FMQ and IW... What are these?

Also Table 2 on same page, what is the significance of Mg/Mg+Fe of bulk
planet?

What is 1.3Ga as a unit of time?

In table 3, p1-7 what does IDP in 'IDP parent bodies' stand for?

Your help is most sincerely appreciated.
-Robert Beauford : )