[meteorite-list] cutting

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:12 2004

<Is there anyone on the list that would be interested in cutting an iron meteorite for me? If so let me know.>

At the 2000 Tucson show there was a fellow named Tim Denton from Denver who was soliciting business cutting irons. He is in the business of doing speciality cutting of steel parts and uses a $50+k bandsaw for cutting. Charlie Snell had some Gibeon cut by him and was pleased by the results. He said he would cut and flat grind, but polishing and etching is up to you. I don't have an email, but the phone # is 744-7181. You will have to look up the area code.

Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com