[meteorite-list] SCAMS from Morocco

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:13 2004

--------------59865F6297A9ECEFB6E3D7B2

You are lucky. I have not had these problems on every trip, just
sometimes. French has nothing to do with a car company saying you
wrecked the car and want you to pay $20,000 for it, or stealing money
from you at the bank.
I also know the exchange rate, that is how I caught them each time. You
must have your own calculator and know what you re getting beforehand.
I have traveled the world, been to 25 countries, and 5 continents, scams
are everywhere, watch out for them!
Mike Farmer

Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:

> Strange!
>
> I went to Morocco last May, I spent 2 weeks there. I rented a car from
> the
> Hertz office in Marrakech, using my Visa card. I got the bill some 6
> weeks
> after I had returned here, and the bill was correct.
> I bought a lot of minerals (NO meteorites) and had to get more money
> on my
> card 3 or 4 times, and had no problem with anyone of the banks I used.
> I had
> checked the exchange rate ahead of time, knew exactly how many dinars
> I was
> supposed to get, and got exactly that every time.
> And I had no problem with any one of the many mineral dealers I bought
> from.
>
> Are mineral dealers more honest?
> Or is it because I speak french?
> Or am I tremendously lucky?
>
> Anne Black
> http://www.IMPACTIKA.com
> IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
> http://www.TheMineralCompany.com

--------------59865F6297A9ECEFB6E3D7B2

You are lucky. I have not had these problems on every trip, just sometimes.
French has nothing to do with a car company saying you wrecked the car
and want you to pay $20,000 for it, or stealing money from you at the bank.
You must have your own calculator and know what you re getting beforehand.
scams are everywhere, watch out for them!
I spent 2 weeks there. I rented a car from the</font></font>
using my Visa card. I got the bill some 6 weeks</font></font>
and the bill was correct.</font></font>
(NO meteorites) and had to get more money on my</font></font>
no problem with anyone of the banks I used. I had</font></font>
ahead of time, knew exactly how many dinars I was</font></font>
exactly that every time.</font></font>
any one of the many mineral dealers I bought from.</font></font>
honest?</font></font>
french?</font></font>