[meteorite-list] Which metal detector is best

From: Dfpens_at_aol.com <Dfpens_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:53 2004

Thanks to all who gave me info on the two unclassified meteorites, Kem-Kem
(or whatever it's official name is) and Ross Canyon. This list is a great
resource with tremendous expertise.

Now - my next question. I would like to develop some expertise in hunting
for meteorites and would like to purchase a metal detector. Sometime back,
there was discussion about the best type to use, and I believe that a
detector is actually made specifically for meteorites. Since I know nothing
about detectors, could someone point me in the right direction? The
internet info that I have been able to look up seems to say that the MineLab
(used for gold) with an 11-inch coil is best for meteorites.

Any comments?

Regards,

Dave