[meteorite-list] Polishing stones

From: Meteorhall_at_aol.com <Meteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:56 2004

Hello Tett,
     Buy a range of hand held diamond polishing pads, or hand files. The pads
come in various grit sizes, I have pads that range from 60 to 1800 diamond
grit. The pads I have were made in Canada, and they last for years. They can
be found at the Tucson Show, or possibly through a dealer that sells lap
products, such as Alpha Supply Co. The pads are made by Crystalite, and
possibly other companies. Cost is from $2.00 each at Tucson to $3-$6 each via
a supply house. They are great for polishing small meteorite slices or macros.
Regards, Fred Hall