[meteorite-list] Help On Ragland and Happy Canyon

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:57 2004

--part1_cc.f136770.278beb1b_boundary

Hello List,

I am curious, I see Ragland listed in the new book as an L3.5 but in Haag's
cataloge, he has a killer looking piece listed as an LL3. And I thought it
was actually an LL3.4, any clarification would be appreciated.

Also, Happy Canyon has been moved from and EL6 to and EL in the new
Catalogue. Any known reason why? I asked Blaine Reed about it, and he said
it probably is closer to an EL7 since there are no chondrules in it, a
sort-of Enstatite Achondrite, if you will. Is that why it is listed as an EL
now?

Thanks for the help.

Steve Arnold.

--part1_cc.f136770.278beb1b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hello List,
<BR>
<BR>I am curious, I see Ragland listed in the new book as an L3.5 but in Haag's <BR>cataloge, he has a killer looking piece listed as an LL3. &nbsp;And I thought it <BR>was actually an LL3.4, any clarification would be appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>Also, Happy Canyon has been moved from and EL6 to and EL in the new <BR>Catalogue. &nbsp;Any known reason why? &nbsp;I asked Blaine Reed about it, and he said <BR>it probably is closer to an EL7 since there are no chondrules in it, a <BR>sort-of Enstatite Achondrite, if you will. &nbsp;Is that why it is listed as an EL <BR>now?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for the help.
<BR>
<BR>Steve Arnold.</FONT></HTML>