[meteorite-list] Glorieta Mtn Slices

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

On Sat, 13 January 2001, Michael Blood wrote:

> Matt Morgan wrote:
> > Thought you ALL may be interested (nice goin Steve!!!)
> > http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=53107860
> > 0&r=0&t=0
> > ----------
> Hi Matt,
> This is all I get:
> "The item you requested (53107860) is invalid or no longer in our
> database"
> Is there a way we can see this? I assume it is a slice of the Glorietta
> Pallasite Steve found?
> RSVP
> Thanks, Michael

If you wish to see this piece, in E-bay's search field type "Glorieta Mountain" (Glorieta is spelled with one "t" not two). Also, I do not have any pieces of this meteorite-- all was obtained by Darryl Pitt as per a previous agreement that we had made. In this, since he bought the most, and the best Glorieta's that I found (thus kindly funding the greater part of my 15 year effort) he was given rights of "first refusal" with regards to this meteorite in its entirety. If anyone is interested in obtaining a sample of this meteorite, please direct inquiries to Darryl, and not to me. On another subject, I will after many years of avoiding it, be at the Tucson Show, in Darryl's Macovich Meteorite Collection Room. So, y'all stop on by, now."

Steve Schoner, AMS (P.S. Tried to post this earlier, but because I am using an old UNIX type server it got directed somwhere else.