[meteorite-list] Re: Catalogue of Meteorites/Ad

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

--part1_a8.fc14244.27946fba_boundary

Hi David
We will be selling them but were only able to secure a couple of extra copies
to bring to the show. I would recommend that anyone who has considered
buying a copy pick one up as soon as possible (from anywhere you can get it).
 The reason for this is because they are currently out of stock/out of print
and are under consideration for a second printing. So if Cambridge U. Press
decides not to reprint them then I would guess that there would be almost
none available after Tucson from anyone.
I'm sure you noticed the post about our book "Meteorites from A to Z." It is
not meant to be a substitute for the COM as it does not have all the
information contained in the Catalogue of Meteorites (COM). We have not
included the text or the Lat/Long and in most cases no references. It is
also missing all the numbered Antarctic meteorites. To see what I mean please
go to our website <A HREF="http://jensenmeteorites.com/">Jensen Meteorites</A> or Anne's at Impactika.com and take a
look at the sample pages. Ours is meant to be carried around at mineral
shows or pulled of the shelf for a quick reference but not meant to be a
substitute for the COM.
I hope this doesn't come off as a high pressure sales tactics because that's
not what I mean. There will be plenty of our books available from various
sources but only a few of the COM unless they do another printing or other
update and who knows when that will be.

Mike

Mike Jensen
Bill Jensen
Jensen Meteorites
8503 W. Mtn. View LN
Littleton CO 80125
303-337-4361
Web Site: www.jensenmeteorites.com
 <A HREF="http://jensenmeteorites.com/">Jensen Meteorites</A>

--part1_a8.fc14244.27946fba_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Hi David
<BR>We will be selling them but were only able to secure a couple of extra copies
<BR>to bring to the show. &nbsp;I would recommend that anyone who has considered
<BR>buying a copy pick one up as soon as possible (from anywhere you can get it).
<BR>&nbsp;The reason for this is because they are currently out of stock/out of print
<BR>and are under consideration for a second printing. &nbsp;So if Cambridge U. Press
<BR>decides not to reprint them then I would guess that there would be almost
<BR>none available after Tucson from anyone.
<BR>I'm sure you noticed the post about our book "Meteorites from A to Z." It is
<BR>not meant to be a substitute for the COM as it does not have all the
<BR>information contained in the Catalogue of Meteorites (COM). &nbsp;We have not
<BR>included the text or the Lat/Long and in most cases no references. &nbsp;It is
<BR>also missing all the numbered Antarctic meteorites. To see what I mean please
<BR>go to our website &nbsp;<A HREF="http://jensenmeteorites.com/">Jensen Meteorites</A> &nbsp;or Anne's at Impactika.com and take a
<BR>look at the sample pages. &nbsp;Ours is meant to be carried around at mineral
<BR>shows or pulled of the shelf for a quick reference but not meant to be a
<BR>substitute for the COM.
<BR>I hope this doesn't come off as a high pressure sales tactics because that's
<BR>not what I mean. &nbsp;There will be plenty of our books available from various
<BR>sources but only a few of the COM unless they do another printing or other
<BR>update and who knows when that will be.
<BR>
<BR>Mike
<BR>
<BR>Mike Jensen