[meteorite-list] Takysie Lake

From: Darryl S. Futrell <futrelds_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

Back in 1968 I traded for a 10 gram slice of Takysie Lake, BC, Canada. It
had been written up in the Dec. 1967 issue of Meteoritics (which I don't see
on my bookshelf) by Nininger, Huss, or both. They weren't sure if the many
stones Nininger or both found were meteoritic or not, but Nininger was
convinced they all had fusion crusts. It was suggested that they might be
lunar, which aroused my curiosity. My slice doesn't look like anything
lunar to me, but then, I haven't seen a full variety of Apollo rock types.
My slice has a light brownish stain for a crust. If it originally had more
of a fusion crust, it didn't survive the slicing.

I never heard another word about it, except that some tests had been
inconclusive. Has anyone ever heard of these Takysie Lake stones and what
they turned out to be?

Darryl