[meteorite-list] irons at Aouelloul and Tenoumer craters

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:01 2004

A while back somebody asked about rumors that irons had been found near Aouelloul and Tenoumer craters. I bought a bunch of Aoueloul impact glass from someone who spent time at both craters last year. He is frequently in Africa and I asked if he had heard of anything. Below is his reply.

<I don't know of any Irons found near a crater in Mauritania. There is one mesosiderite found by Theodore Monod, called Chinguetti around Aouelloul crater, but it hasn't anything to do with the crater itself. I have not heard of any other finds>

Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com