[meteorite-list] NWA & Saharan meteorites

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:01 2004

Hi Matt & all,
        I feel obliged to put in my two cents worth on NWA and Saharas:
        Of course, common typed - especially the fragments of same, hold no
appeal to me whatever and I cannot see what appeal they would hold for
anyone.
        HOWEVER, there are MANY killer rare types, not the least of which are
3s (H3s, L3s & LL3s) and, of course, many other rare types, including
Lunars, Martians, etc. THESE are all of a great deal of interest to me.
        There is one other catacory that also holds a great deal of attracton
for me, and, aparently, more for me than most others: they are the
individuals (regardless of type) which, usually fully crusted, show
exceptional terrestrial age - such as whole Dhofar 020s with their
magnificent cracks & the other weathered specimens, such as the "hollow
sphere" I got in Denver, etc. They hold the same attraction as a sunken
ship, only partially delapidated, lying on the bottom of the ocean.....
        To write off all the NWA and Sahara meteorites, wholsale, is, to me,
the act of a mad man, but that's my two cents - of course, differences
in taste make the world go 'round.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
	  - Leo Rosten