[meteorite-list] RE: NWA & Saharan meteorites

From: wilson alveraz <wilsonalveraz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:02 2004

So let me get this strait.
(1)We coolect them because they are from outer space.
(2)They are interesting because they are from outer space.
(3)We are willing to pay 5 times as much for an equally good and comparably
meteorite if we happen to know exactly where it fell with the GPS place of
found instead of only knowing within 200 miles.
So that means that the value of a meteorite is only 20% because it is from
the asteroid belt and 80% of the value is knowing what side of the road that
it fell on.
Since you are more concerned with where it fell than the fact that it is
from outer space why not collect plain old earth rocks that you can get for
free and know exactly what the coordinates are? You lose 20 percent of the
value and save 100% of the cost.
My two centavos
Wilson