[meteorite-list] Auction

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:03 2004

Greetings,
        I have had several individuals contact me off list for details on the
auction. All are list members - so, at the risk of booring some of you,
here are the details:
MICHAEL BLOOD <mlblood_at_home.com>
AUCTION ON LINE CATALOG TO DATE:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=488560&a=10766340

          - Jan 30 through Feb. 4, 2001
          - Super 8 motel in Marana, 5 mi out of town to the NW.
          - at 520 - 572-0300

          Tucson 2001 Auction:
          I will be holding the anual auction on Saturday, Feb. 3rd at
7:30 PM at The Tucson Jr. Chamber of Commerce Hall at 1115 E. Ft.
Lowell.
          Off the freeway:
          1) Take the FWY to Miracle Mile
          2) Take the Miracle Mile exit - go East about 1.5 miles to
Oracle
          3) Turn Left onto Oracle & go about 1/8th mi. to W. Ft. Lowell
          FROM INN SUITES - Take Oracle (north) about .5 mi.
          4) Turn right onto W. Ft. Lowell -
          it becomes E. Ft. Lowell in about .5mi. & about 1 mi. further
you will come to 1115 E. Ft. Lowel (next to the Greek Church). Plenty of
parking at the hall. This is a LARGE room with a 275 person capacity,
100 chairs and 8 tables. So, be prepared to see a LOT of specimens &
meet lots of people face to face.

          EVERYONE is invited to attend, bid and/or sell. We will have
micromounts, macromounts,small specimens, part  slices, whole slices,
whole specimens, huge/multi-kilo specimens & thin sections.

          All are welcome to enter specimens, whether you are a dealer
or  modest collector wanting to sell (a) specimen(s) which is/are now
upgraded in your collection. No item is “too big” or “too small.” This
is NOT an event just for dealers - so, please feel free to submit any
item(s). (Please contact me to make arrangements). This promises to be a
FUN time & everyone is invited to sell, buy or just enjoy the
festivities & to go to a late dinnerafterwards.  Last year was a blast
and most of us went to Las Fuentes afterwords. This year, by popular
demand, there will be a no-host bar in the auction building (which has
an "Old West" feel to it). This is an opportune time for many of us on
the list who know one  another only via e-mails to meet face to face &
get to spend some fun  time together. (If you buy some stuff at the show
- bring it to the  auction & at the dinner afterwards we can all Show &
Tell - one of the  more fun aspects of collecting, in my book).
          Most auctions now customerily charge buyers a 10% "buyers'
premium" -  which is added on to the winning bid price. NOT SO at this
auction. Also,  those who consign items will be
 charged only 10% of the final selling price. (25% is the norm for
consignments at an
          auction).
          I only require 3 things:
          1) I ask that everyone arrive between 6:30 & 7:15 to
pre-register & get  a number & catalog & examine lots that will be
offered (& take advantage to meet “old friends” you only know by e-mail
address! and "have a cold one" if you so choose - or, in Rob's case, a
warm one).
          2) Those selling, please have material at the site between 6
PM and  7PM - the earlier, thebetter. (Late arrivals will be
accommodated if possible)
          3) Since, by popular demand last year, there will be an open
bar (beer and mixed drinks) please drink responsibly and have a
designated driver.
--
Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that
created them.