[meteorite-list] NWA Relocation

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:05 2004

--------------B12D23D543BD6399AE2CB530

Why is this suddenly coming up now with NWA meteorites. Have not Sahara
meteorites been coming out for more than 3 years? I have never heard
this much about that and far more Sahara/Dar al Gani meteorites have
come out versus NWA meteorites. I have not seen a glut of new meteorite
suddenly appear from Nevada or Utah yet, so I dont think that anyone is
running around planting them anywhere else. The best clue would be so
watch for someone suddenly start "finding" lots of meteorites. This luck
would be just too good to be true.
Once again, for the record. I really think this topic is valid, but not
really so dire as people might think.
Mike Farmer

Jamie Ekholm wrote:

> I believe I was one of the first to bring this question up to the list
> only because I was curious if anyone had thought about the possibility
> that someone out there may do this. Perhaps by talking about this
> possibility it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, but in my
> opinion I don't think so. By talking about NWA relocation, people are
> more apt to catch it. I know this is not on the same scale, but you
> do not see more countries committing acts of terrorism on the US
> because we talk about how they could do it. Jamie

--------------B12D23D543BD6399AE2CB530

Why is this suddenly coming up now with NWA meteorites. Have not Sahara
meteorites been coming out for more than 3 years? I have never heard this
much about that and far more Sahara/Dar al Gani meteorites have come out
versus NWA meteorites. I have not seen a glut of new meteorite suddenly
appear from Nevada or Utah yet, so I dont think that anyone is running
around planting them anywhere else. The best clue would be so watch for
someone suddenly start "finding" lots of meteorites. This luck would be
just too good to be true.
not really so dire as people might think.
of the first to bring this question up to the list only because I was curious
if anyone had thought about the possibility that someone out there may
do this.</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>Perhaps by talking about this possibility
it could become a self-fulfilling prophecy, but in my opinion I don't think
so.&nbsp; By talking about NWA relocation, people are more apt to catch
it.&nbsp; I know this is not on the same scale, but you do not see more
countries committing acts of terrorism on the US because we talk about