[meteorite-list] DISPLAY CASES

From: FERNLEA4_at_aol.com <FERNLEA4_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:05 2004

In a message dated 25/01/01 14:34:03 GMT Standard Time, GShanos_at_aol.com
writes:

<< I am in search of the following display cases. They contain a clear gel
that
 forms an airtight seal when a meteorite is inserted. >>

Greg,

They look very similar to several type of boxes that I use here, but they are
not filled with gel. A very thin membrane covers each end of the box halves
so that when the box is clipped together, it grips the specimen firmly
between the clear membranes.
The membranes are virtually invisible and the specimen seems to be floating
in mid-air.
I'm not sure where to order them from but I believe they are mainly used in
medical circles.

Cheers,
Rob Elliott.
http://fernlea.tripod.com/forsale.html