[meteorite-list] Fwd: Very Bright Fireball(?), 06 July 2001, South FL USA

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:30 2004

----------------- Forwarded Message ------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:42:44 -0400
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus_at_latrade.com>
Subject: (meteorobs) Fwd: Very Bright Fireball(?), 06
July 2001, South FL USA

What an extraordinary event a fireball is to witness,
Mr. Landess; especially like the one you described -
brighter than the full moon, and bright enough to cast
stark shadows around you, and maybe even pale the sky
towards blue!

Mr. Landess, you mention that you have reported this
event already: if you did report to one of the amateur
meteor groups (IMO, AMS, DMS, etc.), then thank you!
If not, I strongly encourage you to consider filing a
separate report to the International Meteor
Organization about this, while the details are still
fresh in your mind! You can find the IMO fireball
report Web form at:

    http://www.imo.net/fireball/report.html

Also, if any other amateurs in the counties of Dade,
Broward, Monroe and Palm Beach witnessed this same
event, please consider submitting your own independent
report to that same Web site above! Such fireball
reports are very valuable, both in statistical studies
of worldwide fireball activity, and perhaps in pinning
down any possible meteorite falls from this event!

NOTE: Tod Landess is not a [Meteorite-List], OR
'meteorobs' OR 'FloridaAstronomy' subscriber.
To followup, MANUALLY place 'tlandess_at_miami.edu' in
the "Cc:" line of your reply!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs_at_atmob.org>