[meteorite-list] Re : Barbotan and Agen two distinct falls?

From: philippe thomas <thomasmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:32 2004

Hello Bernd,
thanks for yours comments.
It's seems difficult to find reliable data in old literature.
In the same book another extract about Salles or Villefranche fall :
"In march 1798, a fireball have got over the sky above Villefranche near
Lyon; it was shedding a vast light and we heard a lenghty whistle in his
path. After the fireball explode, we saw a stone fell in a vineyard. It was
a foot in diameter and it buried itself 20 pouces in the soil."
In this case, the fall description, date etc=8A are in agree with Monica
Grady's fifth edition of the Catalogue of Meteorites but further in the sam=
book the date of Laigle was false (1812 instead of 1803).
Best Regards,
Philippe