[meteorite-list] 'Canon City meteorite' goes on display

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:32 2004

Colin,

One of the pics I took was of the original article in the
local paper and hopefully it will be clear enough for you to
read the details. The reason the sheriff's department was
involved was because the family was out at the time the
meteorite struck and when they returned home they thought
someone had tried to break in when they saw the rocks inside
the garage. Only their cat witnessed the impact and she ran
and hid behind some old furniture. She didn't get hurt and
didn't run away for good like I've seen in some reports. I
had to laugh when I read the last paragraph of the article
where it says that if anyone else found a similar size piece
of the meteorite they could be offered up to $40 for it.
:-)) Still working on getting the pics up.

Ginger