[meteorite-list] Re: 'Canon City meteorite' goes on display

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:32 2004

--part1_a.f9cf864.2883c0e0_boundary

In a message dated 7/15/2001 8:47:10 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
chikadee_at_earthlink.net writes:

> There were lots of people who wanted to know if
> they had found a meteorite and I think about 5 of them were
> coming back to the show today to bring their possible
> meteorites for Jack, Anne, and Fred to look at.

Hello Ginger and List,

They did come back.
And Fred examined each and every rock very carefully, and had to tell the
owners that they were meteowrongs. Every one of them.
Their reactions varied from "not at all surprised" to "very disappointed" in
the case of a man whose little black rock was a gift from his granfather long
time ago. And of course his grandfather had told him that it was a meteorite.

Thanks for the report and the pictures, Ginger.

Anne Black
http://www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
http://www.TheMineralCompany.com

--part1_a.f9cf864.2883c0e0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>In a message dated 7/15/2001 8:47:10 AM Mountain Daylight Time,