[meteorite-list] What's the highest meteorite ever found?

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:33 2004

Here's a question that the usually infallable sources have not been able to
pull out of their databases.

What's the highest altitude a meteorite has ever been found at? I am not
asking about peripheral subjects like micrometeorites caught in gel from
high-altitude balloons. I'm only concerned with meteorites, falls or finds,
picked up from the ground.

Could it be Tulung Dzong "said to have made a crater 10 feet in diameter; two
days march NNW of Lhasa"?

Could it be Tambo Quemado from Leoncio Prado, Ayacucho, Peru?

Something from the Atacama? Antarctica? Alabama Heights?

Do we not know?????????

Kevin Kichinka