[meteorite-list] Bolide Graphics /Follow up Interviews

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:35 2004

Hello Rob, Jim, List,

I spoke with a Mike Shepard at Bloomsberg College yesterday. A planetary
science type--he both observed the meteor and was also asked to look
into the alleged cornfield damage. (incidentally the video footage I
reported seeing from the news helicopter was NOT the site in question.
The corn field site shown on the ground was not the same site used in
the overhead shot in the teaser)

Mike's sighting was confirmed with his compass-- and while he described
the motion as east to west, his magnetic bearing was 310° where he lost
it over the horizon. ( I believe he was in the Bloomsberg area at the time)

I remain anxious to hear how these reports will be followed up with
physical measurements--3 days have now been lost. i'm wondering where
the manpower is coming from. The Academic comunity is being quiet... I
hope this is not our own Tagish lake.

Regards,
Elton