[meteorite-list] eBay rock

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:35 2004

Anyone feel like starting a photo collection of their favorite
meteorwrongs? I will send a genuine lump of Maui lava rock (don't know if
Madame Pele's curse applies here, but I doubt it) to add to the
meteorwrong collection of anyone who wants to post a photo on their site
of their "best" meteorwrong, with or without accompanying story.

Seriously, considering the number of junk rocks (with or without
accompanying story) showing up on ebay and other venues, maybe showing
what DOESN'T make a meteorite is a good first step.

Tracy Latimer
--plenty of pahoehoe -er, fusion crusted rocks- here!!--