[meteorite-list] Tunguska no meteorites?

From: P. Gessler <cetuspa_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:36 2004

>I think sonic booms are a good sign that a meteorite may have
>landed, but it is not a guarantee. You only need to
>look at the Tunguska event to realize that.

You need only look at Tagish Lake to realize some varieties of
meteorites are at best ONLY TEMPORARY given harsh conditions.

It only took Tagish Lake and the Canadian authorities one spring thaw to
erase all evidence of a HUGE meteorite strewn field.

The Tunguska event occurred on June 30, 1908.

It wasn't until February 12, 1927 when Kulic arrived that any search was
conducted. WAY TOO LATE!

Hurry up Casper!

Paul Gessler