[meteorite-list] "From Here to the Moon"

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:36 2004

I just finished watching a rerun of the (1hr) 1998
movie, called "From Here to the Moon". It was on
HBO3.

It was a dramatization of Apollo 15 from a geological
viewpoint. It focused on the geological training
given to the astronauts and its successful results
when they got to the Moon. Clearly this was history's
greatest rock-hunting expedition. If any of these
words "anorthosite, Genesis Rock, Hadley Rill, Leon
Silver, Orocopia Mtns, etc." are of interest to you
then this 1hr "movie" is a must see.

Some of the scenes were filmed in the Borrego
Badlands. Since I was just there on Monday, it really
brought the story home for me. It has given me a
renewed appreciation for the Lunar rocks (in the form
of meteorites) that we are continuing to find and for
our place in history for this on-going quest.

Bob V.