[meteorite-list] Scientists Say Mars Viking Mission Found Life

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:36 2004

Hello all,

At one time it seemed the suggestion that the 1976 Viking missions
detected life on Mars was most widely disseminated by conspiracy
theorists (they did find life and they're suppressing the evidence).
Lately the discussion of this possibility has become a more reasoned
debate, as evidenced by papers delivered in the astrobiology session of
a conference in San Diego this past weekend. I don't feel qualified to
judge the merits of this re-thinking of Viking data, but I'll bet some
of you are. I did find this a fascinating read. Hope you do also.

http://www.space.com/news/spacehistory/viking_life_010728.html

Best wishes,
Charlie