[meteorite-list] New Meteorite

From: Donald O'Keeffe <donald.okeeffe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:11 2004

Hello list,

I've had the good fortune to be able to add to Arizona's ever growing
catalog of meteorites.

Hualapai Wash, 240g, L6, S4, W3, Fa 24.6

I found this while hunting the Gold Basin field. It looked a bit
different from the others I had been finding (very angular). I gave it
to Bob Verish, he cut it, recognized that indeed it was different, off
to Alan Rubin at UCLA.

I want to publicly thank Bob for all his help and expertise. Cutting the
stone, running samples down to UCLA, providing the pertinent data to the
Nomenclature Committee, and for generally being a nice guy.

Regards,
Don