[meteorite-list] ALH 84001 and Creation - Part 2 of 2

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:12 2004

Interesting post. Having a degree in theology, one thought in regard to this crossed my mind-- What if God redeemed us because we were the only ones in the universe that "fell from grace?"

It would then not be a matter of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ being for all races of beings in the universe, but only for us as "lost sheep."

And if such were the case, then this would be a supreme example of the infinite mercy of God insofar as it would prove and exemplify God's concern and grace with forgiveness extended to one of perhaps billions of races of beings scattered about the universe.

And I agree, if we ever make contact with others in this universe, just imagine the theological discussions that will ensue.

Steve Schoner, AMS
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey