[meteorite-list] URL listing and Mortgages

From: Walter Branch <walter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:12 2004

Hello Michael and List,

> Some time ago, there was referance to a URL that listed
> all the meteorites that hit things: people, animals, cars,
> buildings, etc.

It's a page at my site. Scroll down a little when you are at the main page.

I am in the process of cross checking every listing in the COM, to try to
fill in some of the missing info on some meteorites and to check for
meteorites that I have not listed. I am about halfway through the COM.

If anyone knows of a meteorite that should be on the list but isn't, please
let me know.

As an aside, my family and I are moving into a larger house at the end of
the month and whenever one applies for a mortgage the mortgage company wants
to see a recent bank statement. I have been selling part of my own
collection and when they noticed some deposits that were "unaccounted for"
they questioned me and I told them I had sold some meteorites. The loan
processors were flabbergasted. They had never heard of such a thing and it
evidently went up to the top people who checked out my website before they
would approve the loan!

-Walter

Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites